NEW YORK - January 25, 2010 - Calling all wizards, the time has come for you and up to three others to save the world! The mages of Paradox Interactive today announced that action-adventure game Magicka is now available for download on all major digital distribution channels. The self-deprecating title, which pokes fun of other games just to feel better about itself, is available for the modest price of two newt legs and a vial of unicorn blood. Or $9.99 Actually, thinking about it now, just $9.99 will do.
Developed by Arrowhead studios, Magicka throws players into a realm filled with hordes of ogres, goblins, and other monsters you've seen countless times in games and movies throughout the last 50 years.
Explore the land alone or cooperatively as you and your "friends" battle through the masses to save the world and be mocked incessantly by the entire population when you perish trying to do so. Put your robe on and get ready to do lots of prancing around in the forest!
A launch trailer for Magicka has been conjured and can be viewed through your closest crystal ball, pool of shimmering water, or by clicking on the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nXdnuvT01c
Or, just play the demo http://store.steampowered.com/app/42910/
The developers of Magicka, after being hounded for narrowly making deadlines, have included the following features:
- Innovative and dynamic spellcasting system with thousands of possible combinations
- Up to four-player co-op in all game modes, as well as a single-player option
- Fight your way through 13 different levels in the campaign
- Explore an expansive realm of adventure to defeat the evil wizard
- Find and unlock achievements, items, and powerful Magicks
- Experience the parody and satire of a clichéd fantasy world